If you find this article interesting, please use the buttons at the end of the article to share it with your neighbours on social media.
The Delbrook Community Association held our AGM on Thursday, September 28, as promoted through our newsletter and email list.
Tom Walker and Carol Sartor of the North Shore Safety Council lead a discussion about traffic safety.
Assisted by Suzy Lunn, community planner at the DNV, Rene Gourley lead a discussion about the proposals for the Delbrook Lands.
We made the following resolutions:
Be it resolved that the 2017 Annual General Meeting of the Delbrook Community Association endorse the following two principles:
- Because a five story building is out of keeping with the community, the building including both services and housing to be located in the south parking lot of the Delbrook Lands should be limited to a total of three stories.
- Because the Delbrook area is a family oriented community, at least 50% of housing units in the Delbrook Lands complex should be designed to be occupied by families.
Moved by Keith Reynolds, Seconded by Sharlene Hertz
Be it resolved that the 2017 Annual General Meeting of the Delbrook Community Association endorse the following principle:
- Because the idea of park space on the Delbrook Lands received the most support of any ideas in community and district wide consultations, the District of North Vancouver should without delay begin a planning process for this park space that would involve consultation with the Delbrook community.
Moved by Diana Belhouse, Seconded by Keith Reynolds
Be it resolved that the DCA Annual General meeting request council in consultation with the DCA to organize and host in the fall 2017 public engagement opportunities for the community to be informed and to discuss and indicate their preference for the following housing models for the south parking lot of the Delbrook Lands:
- DCA proposal for first responded family housing based on the Whistler housing model.
- Catalyst proposal
Moved by Sharlene Hertz, Seconded by Jim Gill
That the executive of the Delbrook Community Association seek amalgamation with the Norwood Queens Community Association.
Moved by Rene Gourley, Seconded by Jackie
We also re-elected the following to the DCA executive:
- Rene Gourley (chair)
- Diana Belhouse (treasurer)
- Keith Reynolds
- Keith Colyer
- Leslie Grundy
- Jim Gill
Follow the Delbrook Community Association by subscribing to this page, or
Following us on Facebook at Delbrook Community Association, North Vancouver, or
Following us on Twitter @delbrookca